Delhi: Central nod for ownership rights in 45 resettlements
New Delhi: In good news for lakhs of Delhi residents, the Centre has ratified the city government`s decision to grant ownership rights to people living in 45 resettlement colonies developed since 1950.
The Delhi Government had in July decided to grant ownership rights to people in such colonies which accommodated families dislocated due to various reasons and sent it to the Centre.
The move would benefit around seven lakh families or 30 lakh people and they were allotted plots varying from 25 to 80 square yards on license basis.
At a Cabinet meeting today, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit welcomed the decision of the Union Government to ratify the decision to grant ownership right in 45 resettlement colonies developed from 1950s onward by DDA or Government of India to accommodate families dislocated due to removal or demolition of JJ clusters.
"The Cabinet has wholeheartedly welcomed the decision of the Union Government to ratify our earlier decision dated 16th July, 2012 wherein it was decided to grant ownership rights in 45 resettlement colonies," she said.
The City Government while considering their difficulties and their continuation in resettlement colonies continuously for more than five decades had decided to grant them freehold or ownership right, Dikshit said, adding that it would be applicable to around 2.5 lakh plot holders.
The resettlement colonies are situated in different parts of the city including Sriniwas Puri, Wazirpur, Satya Niketan, Janakpuri, Phankha Road and Madangir.
The cabinet also gave its approval to expedite recruitment of doctors under the newly constituted the Delhi Health Service.
The recruitments are to be done as per the Delhi Health Service (Allopathic) Rules 2009. The Cabinet has given its nod to a proposal to amend certain Sections of Rules to facilitate early recruitment of the doctors and the matter would be taken up with the UPSC.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- AR Rahman's romantic ballads steal Delhi hearts