Delhi CM felicitates Congress leader JK Jain
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Sunday felicitated Congress leader JK Jain, who was recently made `Visitor` of Teerthanker Mahaveer University in Moradabad.
"The biggest quality of Jain is that he remains active in spite of the fact whether he is in some post or not," she said at a function held here to honour Jain.
Noting the work done by him as CPP Secretary during Indira Gandhi`s time and party office bearer under Rajiv Gandhi, Dikshit hailed his role in the organisation of the Congress centenary conclave in Mumbai.
Suresh Jain, Chancellor of the university, said the institution has ambitious plans to become one of the best universities in the country. At present, it has 12,500 students and UGC approved programmes across 15 colleges and seven independent teaching departments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Directors don't see me in different roles: Irrfan Khan
- Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh, booked for remark against Mayawati, arrested in Bihar
- Pope Francis pays silent visit to Auschwitz
- Pakistani terrorist reveals links with Hafiz Saeed, names handler in PoK to NIA
- 'Jagga Jasoos' will work irrespective of delay if made well: Anurag Basu