Delhi CM felicitates Congress leader JK Jain
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Sunday felicitated Congress leader JK Jain, who was recently made `Visitor` of Teerthanker Mahaveer University in Moradabad.
"The biggest quality of Jain is that he remains active in spite of the fact whether he is in some post or not," she said at a function held here to honour Jain.
Noting the work done by him as CPP Secretary during Indira Gandhi`s time and party office bearer under Rajiv Gandhi, Dikshit hailed his role in the organisation of the Congress centenary conclave in Mumbai.
Suresh Jain, Chancellor of the university, said the institution has ambitious plans to become one of the best universities in the country. At present, it has 12,500 students and UGC approved programmes across 15 colleges and seven independent teaching departments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan