Delhi CM recovering fast, to be discharged tomorrow
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, who underwent an angioplasty procedure following blockage in one of her arteries, is "recovering rapidly" and is likely to be discharged from the hospital tomorrow.
Dr Ashok Seth, Chairman of Cardiac Sciences at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, said Dikshit has been making "good progress" since the procedure was performed on her.
"She was transferred to private ward yesterday itself and she has been making good progress. She is recovering rapidly and there is absolutely no problem," Seth said.
The 74-year-old Chief Minister has been "very active" since morning today and attended to some of her official work at the hospital room.
The angioplasty procedure was carried out on Dikshit yesterday after she was admitted to the hospital Monday night following uneasiness and throat infection.
Since Dikshit is recovering well and her vital parameters being normal, Seth said she is most likely to be discharged tomorrow.
Dikshit`s immediate family -- son and daughter -- are tending to her at the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'