Delhi CM recovering fast, to be discharged tomorrow
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, who underwent an angioplasty procedure following blockage in one of her arteries, is "recovering rapidly" and is likely to be discharged from the hospital tomorrow.
Dr Ashok Seth, Chairman of Cardiac Sciences at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, said Dikshit has been making "good progress" since the procedure was performed on her.
"She was transferred to private ward yesterday itself and she has been making good progress. She is recovering rapidly and there is absolutely no problem," Seth said.
The 74-year-old Chief Minister has been "very active" since morning today and attended to some of her official work at the hospital room.
The angioplasty procedure was carried out on Dikshit yesterday after she was admitted to the hospital Monday night following uneasiness and throat infection.
Since Dikshit is recovering well and her vital parameters being normal, Seth said she is most likely to be discharged tomorrow.
Dikshit`s immediate family -- son and daughter -- are tending to her at the hospital.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'