Delhi gang-rape accused seeks tutor for IAF exam
New Delhi: One of the accused in the Delhi gang-rape has sought a tutor to prepare for an interview with the Indian Air Force (IAF), his counsel said in Delhi on Tuesday.
Accused Vinay Sharma`s counsel moved an application before the fast-track court hearing his case seeking that a "tutor be provided to Vinay to help him prepare" for his interview for C grade category of the IAF and that "he will serve" the force.
Sharma`s counsel also pleaded for a day-to-day trial saying that a call letter for "selection test for recruitment of group `C` civilian LDCs in Indian Air Force" had been received by the accused.
"My client has got a call letter to appear for an interview with the Indian Air Force. A tutor or guide be provided to him. The test will include general knowledge... He will have a job and will lead a good life ahead. He will earn well... He is the only breadwinner in the family... He will serve the Indian Air Force," Sharma`s counsel said.
Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna asked the police to file their reply on the application and posted the matter for April 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days