Delhi gang-rape accused seeks tutor for IAF exam
New Delhi: One of the accused in the Delhi gang-rape has sought a tutor to prepare for an interview with the Indian Air Force (IAF), his counsel said in Delhi on Tuesday.
Accused Vinay Sharma`s counsel moved an application before the fast-track court hearing his case seeking that a "tutor be provided to Vinay to help him prepare" for his interview for C grade category of the IAF and that "he will serve" the force.
Sharma`s counsel also pleaded for a day-to-day trial saying that a call letter for "selection test for recruitment of group `C` civilian LDCs in Indian Air Force" had been received by the accused.
"My client has got a call letter to appear for an interview with the Indian Air Force. A tutor or guide be provided to him. The test will include general knowledge... He will have a job and will lead a good life ahead. He will earn well... He is the only breadwinner in the family... He will serve the Indian Air Force," Sharma`s counsel said.
Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna asked the police to file their reply on the application and posted the matter for April 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing