Delhi gang-rape case: Delhi police confirm fifth accused a minor
New Delhi: The fifth accused in the heinous gang-rape incident, which has shook the nation, is a minor, DCP (south) Chhaya Sharma confirmed on Saturday.
Addressing a press conference, Chhaya Sharma said: “The juvenile accused (named Raju), whom we caught yesterday, belongs to a very disturbed family. He has six siblings, his father is addicted to liquor, and mother is absconding. He has not contacted any of his family members in the past five years”.
Giving more details, Sharma said, “When Raju came to Delhi, he worked at a tea stall and later joined as a helper in various buses. He met the other accused of the gang-rape on the day of the incident i.e. December 16”.
“We found Raju’s lead through a bus conductor,” Sharma said.
Further, the DCP added, “Finally we caught Raju from Anand Vihar terminal after we got some information from Ram Singh (key accused in the gang-rape case)”.
“Then we reached Bihar with the help of some leads and caught the sixth accused, Akshay Kumar Singh. Since he belongs to Bihar, he likes to be called by the name of ‘Thakur’,” Singh concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'