Delhi gang-rape case: Delhi police confirm fifth accused a minor
New Delhi: The fifth accused in the heinous gang-rape incident, which has shook the nation, is a minor, DCP (south) Chhaya Sharma confirmed on Saturday.
Addressing a press conference, Chhaya Sharma said: “The juvenile accused (named Raju), whom we caught yesterday, belongs to a very disturbed family. He has six siblings, his father is addicted to liquor, and mother is absconding. He has not contacted any of his family members in the past five years”.
Giving more details, Sharma said, “When Raju came to Delhi, he worked at a tea stall and later joined as a helper in various buses. He met the other accused of the gang-rape on the day of the incident i.e. December 16”.
“We found Raju’s lead through a bus conductor,” Sharma said.
Further, the DCP added, “Finally we caught Raju from Anand Vihar terminal after we got some information from Ram Singh (key accused in the gang-rape case)”.
“Then we reached Bihar with the help of some leads and caught the sixth accused, Akshay Kumar Singh. Since he belongs to Bihar, he likes to be called by the name of ‘Thakur’,” Singh concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam