Delhi gang-rape case: Delhi police confirm fifth accused a minor
New Delhi: The fifth accused in the heinous gang-rape incident, which has shook the nation, is a minor, DCP (south) Chhaya Sharma confirmed on Saturday.
Addressing a press conference, Chhaya Sharma said: “The juvenile accused (named Raju), whom we caught yesterday, belongs to a very disturbed family. He has six siblings, his father is addicted to liquor, and mother is absconding. He has not contacted any of his family members in the past five years”.
Giving more details, Sharma said, “When Raju came to Delhi, he worked at a tea stall and later joined as a helper in various buses. He met the other accused of the gang-rape on the day of the incident i.e. December 16”.
“We found Raju’s lead through a bus conductor,” Sharma said.
Further, the DCP added, “Finally we caught Raju from Anand Vihar terminal after we got some information from Ram Singh (key accused in the gang-rape case)”.
“Then we reached Bihar with the help of some leads and caught the sixth accused, Akshay Kumar Singh. Since he belongs to Bihar, he likes to be called by the name of ‘Thakur’,” Singh concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH