Delhi gang-rape case: Journalists face brunt of police action during protests
New Delhi: Mediapersons, who were covering protests against the gang-rape of a young girl on Sunday faced the brunt of police action with cops spraying water cannons on scribes and their equipment and even beating up some of them.
As protests reached a crescendo in the evening, media persons covering the protest at India Gate were allegedly targeted by the police.
A senior journalist of a leading English newspaper was beaten up despite showing his identity card. The injured journalist was taken to hospital.
A woman reporter and a cameraperson of separate English news channels suffered injuries when teargas shells exploded near them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic