Delhi gang-rape case: Journalists face brunt of police action during protests
New Delhi: Mediapersons, who were covering protests against the gang-rape of a young girl on Sunday faced the brunt of police action with cops spraying water cannons on scribes and their equipment and even beating up some of them.
As protests reached a crescendo in the evening, media persons covering the protest at India Gate were allegedly targeted by the police.
A senior journalist of a leading English newspaper was beaten up despite showing his identity card. The injured journalist was taken to hospital.
A woman reporter and a cameraperson of separate English news channels suffered injuries when teargas shells exploded near them.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?