Delhi gang-rape case: Journalists face brunt of police action during protests
New Delhi: Mediapersons, who were covering protests against the gang-rape of a young girl on Sunday faced the brunt of police action with cops spraying water cannons on scribes and their equipment and even beating up some of them.
As protests reached a crescendo in the evening, media persons covering the protest at India Gate were allegedly targeted by the police.
A senior journalist of a leading English newspaper was beaten up despite showing his identity card. The injured journalist was taken to hospital.
A woman reporter and a cameraperson of separate English news channels suffered injuries when teargas shells exploded near them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’