Delhi gang-rape case: Trial to continue in fast-track court today
New Delhi: A fast-track court will on Monday continue its hearing in the brutal Delhi gang-rape case.
Notably, five of the six accused are being tried for charges of rape and murder of a 23-year-old student at Saket court.
The trial in the fast-track court began on February 05, around 50 days after the medical student`s brutal rape.
The fast-track court of Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna started day-to-day trial in the case last week after framing charges of murder, gang-rape and kidnapping, among others, under various sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) against the five accused.
The gang-rape victim`s male friend, a software engineer, who was also attacked along with her on the bus, also appeared as a witness in the court on a wheelchair accompanied by his father.
The case of the juvenile accused is being heard by the Juvenile Justice Board.
Police had filed a supplementary chargesheet that included the autopsy report of the physiotherapy intern who was gang-raped by the six on December 16 last year, in a moving bus. She died on December 29 in a Singapore hospital.
The other charges framed against the accused are unnatural offence, destruction of evidence, attempt to murder, causing hurt while committing robbery, dacoity with murder, and common intent. The accused had pleaded not guilty to the charges.
The court had earlier restricted media from reporting the proceedings in the case and ordered an in-camera trial.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery