Delhi gang-rape: Cops depose as prosecution witness
New Delhi: Three police officials, who arrested one of the accused in the December 16 gang-rape and murder of a 23-year-old girl in a moving bus here, testified as prosecution witness before the fast-track court on Monday.
Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna is recording the evidence of witnesses in in-camera proceedings and the media has been restrained from reporting.
The three officials, who had arrested accused Pawan Gupta, deposed as prosecution witnesses today. The court has also recorded the statement of one more witness.
The judge, who is recording evidence in the case on daily basis, could not hold the proceedings since February 27, as there was some bereavement in his family.
The five adult accused are facing trial in the case for rape and murder of the girl, who died on December 29, 2012 in a Singapore hospital as a result of grievous injuries she had suffered when she was sexually assaulted by six people in the capital.
The sixth accused is a juvenile who is facing proceedings before the Juvenile Justice Board and he has also been charged for rape and murder of the girl.
Bus driver Ram Singh and his brother Mukesh, Pawan Gupta, Vinay Sharma, Akshay Singh and the juvenile have pleaded not guilty to the charges framed against them and had claimed trial in the case.
The victim was airlifted to Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore on December 27, 2012 for further treatment on the advice of a team of doctors from Safdarjung hospital here after 10 days of the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan