Delhi gang-rape: Justice Mehra Commission invites suggestions
New Delhi: Justice Usha Mehra Commission, set up to inquire into various aspects of the gang-rape of a girl in Delhi, has invited complaints and suggestions on the shocking incident.
A Home Ministry statement said the Commission, headed by Justice Mehra, a retired judge of the Delhi High Court, will function from its office at Vigyan Bhawan Annexe, New Delhi-110 003 and it could be contact through telephone, fax and email.
The Commission has invited complaints and suggestions on telephone no/ Fax/e-mail address--Justice (Retd) (Ms) Usha Mehra, Room No.331, and 331 (A), Vigyan Bhawan Annexe, New Delhi-110003, telephone no. 011-23022365, Fax- 011-23022364 and Email address: usha.Mehracommission@nic.In
It has given one more contact address: SM Aggarwal, Convenor, Room No.330, Vigyan Bhawan Annexe, New Delhi-110003. telephone no. 011-23022363, Fax- 011-23022364 and Email address: usha.Mehracommission@nic.In
The Commission has been set up to enquire into various aspect of the shocking incident of rape and brutal assault of a 23-year-old woman in Delhi on December 16, identify the lapses, if any, on the part of the police or any other authority or person that contributed to the occurrence. The girl had died in a Singapore hospital on Saturday.
It will also fix responsibility for the lapses and/or negligence on the part of the police or any other authority or person.
The Commission will suggest measures to improve the safety and security of women, particularly in NCT of Delhi and National Capital Region.
Justice Mehra and Convenor Aggarwal can be contacted on any working day (except Saturdays/Sundays and Gazetted Holidays) during office hours at the mentioned telephone numbers, Faxes and Email addresses.
The panel, set up on December 26, will submit within three months its report which will be tabled in Parliament along with action taken by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire