Delhi gang-rape: Justice Mehra Commission invites suggestions
New Delhi: Justice Usha Mehra Commission, set up to inquire into various aspects of the gang-rape of a girl in Delhi, has invited complaints and suggestions on the shocking incident.
A Home Ministry statement said the Commission, headed by Justice Mehra, a retired judge of the Delhi High Court, will function from its office at Vigyan Bhawan Annexe, New Delhi-110 003 and it could be contact through telephone, fax and email.
The Commission has invited complaints and suggestions on telephone no/ Fax/e-mail address--Justice (Retd) (Ms) Usha Mehra, Room No.331, and 331 (A), Vigyan Bhawan Annexe, New Delhi-110003, telephone no. 011-23022365, Fax- 011-23022364 and Email address: usha.Mehracommission@nic.In
It has given one more contact address: SM Aggarwal, Convenor, Room No.330, Vigyan Bhawan Annexe, New Delhi-110003. telephone no. 011-23022363, Fax- 011-23022364 and Email address: usha.Mehracommission@nic.In
The Commission has been set up to enquire into various aspect of the shocking incident of rape and brutal assault of a 23-year-old woman in Delhi on December 16, identify the lapses, if any, on the part of the police or any other authority or person that contributed to the occurrence. The girl had died in a Singapore hospital on Saturday.
It will also fix responsibility for the lapses and/or negligence on the part of the police or any other authority or person.
The Commission will suggest measures to improve the safety and security of women, particularly in NCT of Delhi and National Capital Region.
Justice Mehra and Convenor Aggarwal can be contacted on any working day (except Saturdays/Sundays and Gazetted Holidays) during office hours at the mentioned telephone numbers, Faxes and Email addresses.
The panel, set up on December 26, will submit within three months its report which will be tabled in Parliament along with action taken by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- 1,282 pilgrims leave for Amarnath Yatra from Jammu
- Kejriwal to visit Goa again next month
- Myanmar census data undercuts Buddhist hardliner claims
- WATCH: Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif, ex-president Pervez Musharraf flirted with this girl?
- What's cooking? Farah Khan's 'do anmol ratan' Ranveer Singh, Anil Kapoor spill madness at shoot