Delhi gang-rape: Magistrates, doctor to testify against 5 accused
New Delhi: Three of the magistrates, who had recorded the statement of the five adult accused in the gang-rape and murder of a 23-year-old girl in a moving bus here on December 16, will testify before the fast track court here on Tuesday.
Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna, who is recording the statement of the prosecution witnesses in in-camera proceedings on daily basis, today issued summons to the magistrates for testifying in the case tomorrow. Two doctors from the AIIMS have also been called tomorrow.
The court`s decision to record their statement came after it recorded the testimony of four people today.
Two doctors from AIIMS and two officials from Indian bank and Axis Bank have recorded their evidence on behalf of prosecution and were also cross examined by the counsel for accused bus driver Ram Singh, his brother Mukesh, Vinay Sharma, Pawan Gupta and Akshay Singh.
The bank officials gave evidence on the use of two ATMs of the victim after committing the crime.
Earlier, the male friend of the victim had testified as a prosecution witness as the sole eyewitness to the brutal assault and gangrape of the girl. He is yet to be cross examined by the defence.
The court has rejected the plea of the defence counsel, who wanted the interview of the victim`s friend to a news channel, to be brought on record as it was a crucial evidence.
The defence counsel had deferred cross-examining the 28-year-old software engineer, who is the chief prosecution witness in the case. However, the boy will be called soon.
The details of the proceedings cannot be reported by the media as the court has imposed a ban on it under the provisions of the Indian Penal Code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?