Delhi gang-rape: Magistrates, doctor to testify against 5 accused
New Delhi: Three of the magistrates, who had recorded the statement of the five adult accused in the gang-rape and murder of a 23-year-old girl in a moving bus here on December 16, will testify before the fast track court here on Tuesday.
Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna, who is recording the statement of the prosecution witnesses in in-camera proceedings on daily basis, today issued summons to the magistrates for testifying in the case tomorrow. Two doctors from the AIIMS have also been called tomorrow.
The court`s decision to record their statement came after it recorded the testimony of four people today.
Two doctors from AIIMS and two officials from Indian bank and Axis Bank have recorded their evidence on behalf of prosecution and were also cross examined by the counsel for accused bus driver Ram Singh, his brother Mukesh, Vinay Sharma, Pawan Gupta and Akshay Singh.
The bank officials gave evidence on the use of two ATMs of the victim after committing the crime.
Earlier, the male friend of the victim had testified as a prosecution witness as the sole eyewitness to the brutal assault and gangrape of the girl. He is yet to be cross examined by the defence.
The court has rejected the plea of the defence counsel, who wanted the interview of the victim`s friend to a news channel, to be brought on record as it was a crucial evidence.
The defence counsel had deferred cross-examining the 28-year-old software engineer, who is the chief prosecution witness in the case. However, the boy will be called soon.
The details of the proceedings cannot be reported by the media as the court has imposed a ban on it under the provisions of the Indian Penal Code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof