Delhi gang-rape: No school bus to run without crew verification
New Delhi: Government has ordered that no school in Delhi will hire any transport vehicle of any kind without police verification of its owner and the crew.
The Special Task Force, headed by Union Home Secretary, which was constituted to look into the safety issues of women in Delhi, also reviewed helpline No.100 and directed that whenever a call is received, the nearest PCR vehicle must reach the spot.
Every DTC and cluster bus should have a CCTV/Webcam and every member of the crew of a public transport vehicle must have a photo identify card latest by March 1, 2013 duly verified by Delhi Police.
If this direction is not complied with, the Delhi Police will not allow these vehicles to ply.
"No school should hire any transport vehicle of any kind without the owner and the rest of the crew being verified by Delhi Police. Such order and the police verification thereof must be completed by February 1," the task force decided.
The meeting reviewed the status of different Helplines, PCR Vans, DTC/cluster bus service, working hours for discotheques and women help desks in Police Stations among other issues.
The task force was constituted after huge public outrage after the gang-rape of a girl in Delhi on December 16. The task force, comprising officials from Central and Delhi governments, Delhi Police, municipal bodies, would meet every fortnight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India