Delhi gang-rape: No school bus to run without crew verification
New Delhi: Government has ordered that no school in Delhi will hire any transport vehicle of any kind without police verification of its owner and the crew.
The Special Task Force, headed by Union Home Secretary, which was constituted to look into the safety issues of women in Delhi, also reviewed helpline No.100 and directed that whenever a call is received, the nearest PCR vehicle must reach the spot.
Every DTC and cluster bus should have a CCTV/Webcam and every member of the crew of a public transport vehicle must have a photo identify card latest by March 1, 2013 duly verified by Delhi Police.
If this direction is not complied with, the Delhi Police will not allow these vehicles to ply.
"No school should hire any transport vehicle of any kind without the owner and the rest of the crew being verified by Delhi Police. Such order and the police verification thereof must be completed by February 1," the task force decided.
The meeting reviewed the status of different Helplines, PCR Vans, DTC/cluster bus service, working hours for discotheques and women help desks in Police Stations among other issues.
The task force was constituted after huge public outrage after the gang-rape of a girl in Delhi on December 16. The task force, comprising officials from Central and Delhi governments, Delhi Police, municipal bodies, would meet every fortnight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Narendra Modi's big plan for PoK refugees in India – A Rs 2,000 crore package
- Kerala train derail: Services resume in Ernakulam-Thrissur route
- Meet Lachlan Smart – The Aussie teen who becomes youngest pilot to fly solo around the world!
- Suicide bombing kills 11 at Yemen army camp: Officials
- iBerry launches 'India's first 4GB Ram unibody smartphone' at Rs 15,990