Delhi gang-rape: Post-mortem report expected today
New Delhi: The post-mortem report of the 23-year-old medical student, who was brutally gang-raped and tortured by six men on moving bus in the national capital a fortnight ago, is expected on Tuesday.
As per reports, the post-mortem report will help Delhi Police in establishing the involvement of the six accused in the case.
The Delhi Police has already prepared a 1000-page strong draft chargesheet, which it plans to submit in a local court here on Thursday.
As per reports, the investigators have listed 30 witnesses, including the doctors who treated the student, first in Delhi, and then at the Singapore hospital.
The testimony of the victim’s male friend (a software engineer), who was also travelling with her on that fateful night and was assaulted with an iron rod by the six drunk men on board when he tried to protect her, will be very crucial.
The chargesheet prepared by Delhi Police will detail the role of five men while mentioning that a separate report would be sent to Juvenile Justice Board for the trial of the minor boy allegedly involved in the case.
The chargesheet gives details about the sequence of events, the treatment, shifting of the patient to a Singapore hospital as well as her death.
Police have slapped rape, murder and other charges against the accused.
The gang-rape victim died on Saturday morning at a hospital in Singapore. Her body was flown in a special plane and she was quietly cremated on Sunday morning in the presence of top government officials.
The incident evoked widespread outrage and anger and triggered violent protests in India Gate and Raisina Hill in the national capital and across the nation.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened