Delhi gang-rape victim a ‘fighter’, say doctors
New Delhi: The 23-year old gang-rape survivor who was at the receiving end of human bestiality has been described by her doctors as a “fighter”.
Having been operated upon for the 5th time in Safdarjung Hospital of New Delhi, the girl is still on ventilator, responding well to the treatment, doctors attending on her said.
The survivor girl who is battling the horrifying trauma has “remarkable fighting spirit”, said Dr BD Athani, Medical Superintendent of the hospital.
The girl has lost most of her intestine after doctors performed an elective abdominal surgery on her and rremoved her gangrenous small intestine.
"This was a planned surgery and at this juncture she is responding to treatment fairly well, she is stable but she continues to be critical," Dr B D Athani, Medical Superintendent of the hospital, said.
"Before going for surgery, she was quite alert and spoke to her mother and brother as at that time there was no tube so she utilised that opportunity but her father didn`t go inside," doctors said.
The 23-year old communicated with her mother and brother by scribbling messages on paper.
“I want to live.. please save me”, she wrote in one of her messages, said reports.
As the shocking crime continued to engage the attention of Parliament, Government announced increased police patrolling, immediate crackdown on vehicles having tinted glass besides impounding of buses and autorickshaws being plied by unverified drivers.
All commercial vehicles, including buses, will be asked to keep their lights on during night while plying in Delhi, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said.
The Registrar General of the High Court communicated to Delhi Government its acceptance of the recommendation to immediately make functional five fast track courts to deal with cases of sexual assault against women, officials said.
"It`s a heinous crime. It is very upsetting," Prime Minister Singh said while receiving a delegation of women MPs who raised the gang-rape case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest