Delhi gang-rape victim a ‘fighter’, say doctors
New Delhi: The 23-year old gang-rape survivor who was at the receiving end of human bestiality has been described by her doctors as a “fighter”.
Having been operated upon for the 5th time in Safdarjung Hospital of New Delhi, the girl is still on ventilator, responding well to the treatment, doctors attending on her said.
The survivor girl who is battling the horrifying trauma has “remarkable fighting spirit”, said Dr BD Athani, Medical Superintendent of the hospital.
The girl has lost most of her intestine after doctors performed an elective abdominal surgery on her and rremoved her gangrenous small intestine.
"This was a planned surgery and at this juncture she is responding to treatment fairly well, she is stable but she continues to be critical," Dr B D Athani, Medical Superintendent of the hospital, said.
"Before going for surgery, she was quite alert and spoke to her mother and brother as at that time there was no tube so she utilised that opportunity but her father didn`t go inside," doctors said.
The 23-year old communicated with her mother and brother by scribbling messages on paper.
“I want to live.. please save me”, she wrote in one of her messages, said reports.
As the shocking crime continued to engage the attention of Parliament, Government announced increased police patrolling, immediate crackdown on vehicles having tinted glass besides impounding of buses and autorickshaws being plied by unverified drivers.
All commercial vehicles, including buses, will be asked to keep their lights on during night while plying in Delhi, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said.
The Registrar General of the High Court communicated to Delhi Government its acceptance of the recommendation to immediately make functional five fast track courts to deal with cases of sexual assault against women, officials said.
"It`s a heinous crime. It is very upsetting," Prime Minister Singh said while receiving a delegation of women MPs who raised the gang-rape case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days