Delhi gang-rape: Victim did not die here, police tells court
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Tuesday refuted the allegations of the four accused in the December 16 gang-rape case in a special court that the victim was not assaulted by iron rods and she died before being taken to Singapore.
"It is wrong to suggest that I had not taken the opinion of the doctors during the lifetime of the victim, despite various opportunities, as the said weapons were allegedly not with us at that time or that the same were planted later after the death of the girl.
"It is wrong to suggest that the girl expired before being sent to Singapore or that due to the pressure her body was sent to Singapore...," the SHO of Vasant Vihar police station told Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna.
The counsel for the accused had alleged the SHO had not taken the opinion of doctors on the weapons of offence during the lifetime of the victim, "despite various opportunities" because the iron rods were never used in the offence.
Deposing as a 78th prosecution witness, the SHO said the
the two iron rods were not taken to Singapore where the doctors conducted the postmortem.
Hence, the opinion of doctors at Singapore could not be taken on the injuries inflicted by the iron rods, the SHO testified.
"When I reached Singapore, the postmortem had already been conducted and the body was transported to the airport," he said.
Four accused - Vinay, Mukesh, Pawan and Akshay Thakur - are facing trial in the gangrape and murder of the 23-year-old paramedical student and attack on her friend on the night of December 16. The girl died of her injuries on December 29 last year at a Singapore hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31