Delhi gang-rape victim still critical, suffers internal bleeding
New Delhi: The health condition of 23-year-old gang-rape victim continues to remain critical on Tuesday even as she suffered from more internal bleeding on late Monday night, doctors have said.
On Monday, the victim had shown some tendency for internal bleeding but her platelet count has increased to 70,000 from Sunday`s 19,000. A normal platelet count in a healthy individual is between 150,000 and 450,000 per micro-litre of blood. To improve her blood coagulation power, doctors are giving her frozen plasma and Pleiotrophin (PTN).
Doctors say the bleeding which is because of sepsis, a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure, remains a cause of "major concern" as far as the girl`s health is concerned.
The team of doctors treating her at Safdurjung hospital had yesterday said that the victim was "very serious and very critical". She is on ventilator, has fever was ‘conscious but still not out of danger’.
“Rape survivor has fever, continues to be on ventilator,” said the doctor.
“She is maintaining normal urine output,” they added. Also, the victim was undergoing psychological counselling and is “reasonably mentally stable”, as per the doctors.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh