Delhi gang-rape victim still critical, suffers internal bleeding
New Delhi: The health condition of 23-year-old gang-rape victim continues to remain critical on Tuesday even as she suffered from more internal bleeding on late Monday night, doctors have said.
On Monday, the victim had shown some tendency for internal bleeding but her platelet count has increased to 70,000 from Sunday`s 19,000. A normal platelet count in a healthy individual is between 150,000 and 450,000 per micro-litre of blood. To improve her blood coagulation power, doctors are giving her frozen plasma and Pleiotrophin (PTN).
Doctors say the bleeding which is because of sepsis, a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure, remains a cause of "major concern" as far as the girl`s health is concerned.
The team of doctors treating her at Safdurjung hospital had yesterday said that the victim was "very serious and very critical". She is on ventilator, has fever was ‘conscious but still not out of danger’.
“Rape survivor has fever, continues to be on ventilator,” said the doctor.
“She is maintaining normal urine output,” they added. Also, the victim was undergoing psychological counselling and is “reasonably mentally stable”, as per the doctors.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- On being No. 1 in Tests: We need to do a lot to maintain it, says Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq
- Reasons why you're having chest pain!
- Madhya Pradesh assembly to consider GST Bill today
- Rohith Vemula suicide case: Hyderabad V-C can't be held responsible, concludes HRD probe panel
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini