Delhi gang-rape victim still critical, suffers internal bleeding
New Delhi: The health condition of 23-year-old gang-rape victim continues to remain critical on Tuesday even as she suffered from more internal bleeding on late Monday night, doctors have said.
On Monday, the victim had shown some tendency for internal bleeding but her platelet count has increased to 70,000 from Sunday`s 19,000. A normal platelet count in a healthy individual is between 150,000 and 450,000 per micro-litre of blood. To improve her blood coagulation power, doctors are giving her frozen plasma and Pleiotrophin (PTN).
Doctors say the bleeding which is because of sepsis, a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure, remains a cause of "major concern" as far as the girl`s health is concerned.
The team of doctors treating her at Safdurjung hospital had yesterday said that the victim was "very serious and very critical". She is on ventilator, has fever was ‘conscious but still not out of danger’.
“Rape survivor has fever, continues to be on ventilator,” said the doctor.
“She is maintaining normal urine output,” they added. Also, the victim was undergoing psychological counselling and is “reasonably mentally stable”, as per the doctors.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth