Delhi is becoming a world-class city: Sheila Dikshit
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Wednesday said that her government was committed to making Delhi a role model of governance. She said her dream of making Delhi a world-class city was coming true.
"Our government is committed to making Delhi a role model of governance. The government has taken many measures in this direction. Our efforts in introducing e-governance, computerisation of civil supply offices, sub-registrar offices, e-court fee system, inter-connecting all zonal transport officers, computerisation of education department, etc. testify to our intentions of bringing a positive change in the work culture," Dikshit said.
Dikshit was speaking at a function to mark her completing 14 years as chief minister of Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice