Delhi: Mughal descendants` property feud in court
New Delhi: A great-great grand son of
courtier Nawab Qasim Jan of Mughal emperor Shah Alam II (1728 ?1806), still living in his ancestral house at Ballimaran in
Walled City area here, has been restrained by a Delhi court to
sell his ailing sister`s share in the inherited property.
Additional Senior Civil Judge (ASCJ) N K Malhotra refused
to allow Naved Yaar Khan, son of late Nawab Sultan Yar Khan of
Ballimaran, to sell his sister`s property, dismissing his plea
to lift the December 16 interim order of a civil court,
restraining him from disposing it of.
Naved Yaar Khan, also a distant relative of famous Urdu
poet Mirza Ghalib and still known as `nawab saab` in
Ballimaran, had come to the ASCJ`s court, challenging an
interim order of the lower civil court restraining him from
selling the property share of his 55-year-old sister Rubina
Sultan, suffering from cerebral palsy.
The lower civil court had barred Naved Yaar Khan from selling Rubina`s share in their ancestral property on a plea by late Nawab`s five other heirs.
In their pleas, the heirs of late Nawab Sultan Yar Khan
had said four sons and four daughters of the Nawab had
settled their property division in 2000 after their father`s
death in 1995.
They had alleged Naved Yar Khan had obtained the thumb
impression of Rubina to sell her share of property and to
withdraw money from her post office account.
They had also claimed Naved Yar Khan had suppressed the
fact that he had paid an earnest money of over Rs 20.80 lakh
to buy a house in Ghaziabad for over Rs 52 lakh using his
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents