Delhi: Mughal descendants` property feud in court
New Delhi: A great-great grand son of
courtier Nawab Qasim Jan of Mughal emperor Shah Alam II (1728 ?1806), still living in his ancestral house at Ballimaran in
Walled City area here, has been restrained by a Delhi court to
sell his ailing sister`s share in the inherited property.
Additional Senior Civil Judge (ASCJ) N K Malhotra refused
to allow Naved Yaar Khan, son of late Nawab Sultan Yar Khan of
Ballimaran, to sell his sister`s property, dismissing his plea
to lift the December 16 interim order of a civil court,
restraining him from disposing it of.
Naved Yaar Khan, also a distant relative of famous Urdu
poet Mirza Ghalib and still known as `nawab saab` in
Ballimaran, had come to the ASCJ`s court, challenging an
interim order of the lower civil court restraining him from
selling the property share of his 55-year-old sister Rubina
Sultan, suffering from cerebral palsy.
The lower civil court had barred Naved Yaar Khan from selling Rubina`s share in their ancestral property on a plea by late Nawab`s five other heirs.
In their pleas, the heirs of late Nawab Sultan Yar Khan
had said four sons and four daughters of the Nawab had
settled their property division in 2000 after their father`s
death in 1995.
They had alleged Naved Yar Khan had obtained the thumb
impression of Rubina to sell her share of property and to
withdraw money from her post office account.
They had also claimed Naved Yar Khan had suppressed the
fact that he had paid an earnest money of over Rs 20.80 lakh
to buy a house in Ghaziabad for over Rs 52 lakh using his
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing