Delhi rape case: `Accused likely tried to strangle victim`
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Shame and outrage returned to Delhi once again as gory details emerged of the rape of a five-year-old, who was kidnapped, starved and brutally tortured for two days. The victim was battling for life on Friday even as police hunted for the 25-year-old accused.
Speaking exclusively to Zee News, RK Bansal, medical superintendent, Swami Dayanand Hospital, revealed some shocking information related to the case. Notably, Dr Bansal had operated on the victim before she was shifted to the AIIMS.
According to Dr Bansal, the blood pressure of the five-year-old was below normal and she was suffering from high fever when she was admitted to Swami Dayanand Hospital.
"There were injuries on her lips, cheeks, arms and anus area, and bruise marks on her neck, suggesting that attempts were made to strangle her,” the doctor said.
Saying he and his colleagues had never seen such a brutal rape, Bansal said his team found a bottle and pieces of candle in the private parts of the girl when they operated on her. The girl, according to the doctor, was in acute pain and severe trauma.
"We found a 200 ml bottle of Amla Hair oil and two or three pieces of candle inserted into her private parts. This is the first time I have seen such barbarism," said Bansal.
He also revealed that the victim’s vagina was torn and some of the tissues were also found damaged.
The doctor further demanded that the accused should be hanged till death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail