Delhi rape: Cops prevent BJP supporters from taking out protest march
New Delhi: Scores of BJP supporters were stopped by police near the Parliament House on Saturday when they tried to take out a candlelight march towards India Gate to protest the rape of a five-year-old girl here.
Some of the BJP supporters tried to break barricades near Imtiaz Khan Marg, just 200 metres from the Parliament House, but were prevented by police.
Police arrested a number of protesters, including Delhi BJP Chief Vijay Goel, but later released them. The protesters started the march from Talkatora stadium.
Demonstrations were also held at AIIMS where the girl is undergoing treatment and outside the Gandhi Nagar police station where policemen allegedly showed laxity in dealing with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh