Delhi rape victim recovering: Doctors
New Delhi: The five-year-old girl, who was raped allegedly by two youth eight days ago, is active and recovering as "expected", doctors said on Tuesday.
"She has had a good breakfast. Her fever has come down. And she is afebrile (not feverish) now. Her colostomy is functioning normally," Dr DK Sharma, medical superintendent of AIIMS, said in a medical bulletin.
"The five-year-old female child is recovering as expected. She is active and taking adequate liquids and semi-solid food," he said.
The child was raped at a residential building in east Delhi`s Gandhi Nagar on April 15 and was recovered 40 hours later only. She was shifted to AIIMS on April 19 evening from Swami Dayanand Hospital.
Doctors said it will take another two weeks for her discharge from hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city