Delhi shame: Second accused raped girl even after she lost consciousness
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In another horrifying detail in the gang-rape case that took place in East Delhi’s Gandhi Nagar recently, second accused, Pradeep, told police that he had raped the five-year-old when she lost her consciousness after being already assaulted by his friend Manoj Kumar Sah.
According to a newspaper, Pradeep has told the police that the girl was bleeding heavily after Manoj raped her. Terming it the "biggest mistake" of his life, Pradeep said that the girl screamed for help when Manoj raped her, the newspaper quoted an investigating officer as saying.
Manoj and Pradeep will be brought face to face after police conduct a test identification parade of the former.
Pradeep, 19, who was nabbed on Monday from Bihar, told police when the girl started crying they decided to kill her to hush up the crime.
After the attempt to slit her throat, Manoj locked the girl inside his house and along with Pradeep went to New Delhi Railway station.
They both boarded the train for Chhapra in Bihar where Manoj took Pradeep to his in-law`s place in Muzaffarpur.
Pradeep went to his maternal uncle`s place in Lakhisarai from he was nabbed.
The girl was abducted and kept hostage for two days without food and water in the room in which the attackers lived on the ground floor of a building in east Delhi`s Gandhi Nagar. The girl`s family stays in the same building.
The girl was rescued when members of her family heard her screams on April 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj