Delhi shame: Second accused raped girl even after she lost consciousness
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In another horrifying detail in the gang-rape case that took place in East Delhi’s Gandhi Nagar recently, second accused, Pradeep, told police that he had raped the five-year-old when she lost her consciousness after being already assaulted by his friend Manoj Kumar Sah.
According to a newspaper, Pradeep has told the police that the girl was bleeding heavily after Manoj raped her. Terming it the "biggest mistake" of his life, Pradeep said that the girl screamed for help when Manoj raped her, the newspaper quoted an investigating officer as saying.
Manoj and Pradeep will be brought face to face after police conduct a test identification parade of the former.
Pradeep, 19, who was nabbed on Monday from Bihar, told police when the girl started crying they decided to kill her to hush up the crime.
After the attempt to slit her throat, Manoj locked the girl inside his house and along with Pradeep went to New Delhi Railway station.
They both boarded the train for Chhapra in Bihar where Manoj took Pradeep to his in-law`s place in Muzaffarpur.
Pradeep went to his maternal uncle`s place in Lakhisarai from he was nabbed.
The girl was abducted and kept hostage for two days without food and water in the room in which the attackers lived on the ground floor of a building in east Delhi`s Gandhi Nagar. The girl`s family stays in the same building.
The girl was rescued when members of her family heard her screams on April 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed