Delhi University to begin admission process from June 2
New Delhi: Delhi University will begin the process of admission for its undergraduate courses for the 2014-15 academic session from June 2.
Centralised admission forms will be made available for students from the said date and the last date of submission of application forms is June 16, Dean of Students Welfare J M Khurana said at a press conference here.
Students would be able to access the online OMR forms from the Delhi University website (du.Ac.In) whereas offline forms will be made available at 18 centres across North Campus, South Campus and other colleges of Delhi University.
The first cut off list will be released on June 24, followed by ten more of these lists till July 21, he added. Students will get three days to complete enrolment process under each of the first five cut off lists.
The option of choosing colleges in the form, which had been done away with last year, will be reintroduced.
"There will also be no cap on the number of colleges a candidate can choose in the form," Khurana said.
Under the four-year undergraduate programme (FYUP), which was introduced last year, students last year could only choose the course they wanted to study and not the college in the admission forms.
This year, students will also be able to include their board examination marks of vocational subjects in the `best of four`, that should include the subject which the student wants to do his/her honours in, a language and two other subjects of his or her choice.
However, the student will face a deduction of 10 per cent of the maximum mark from the marks scored in the vocational subject.
Admission to Hindi Journalism, Social Work and foreign language courses such as Italian, Spanish, French and German will be based on cut off marks from this year and no entrance examination will be held for these courses, Khurana said.
Procedure for admission to science and mathematical science courses will remain the same, he added.
Those students seeking admission under sports and extra curricular activities quota will have to contact the college concerned to get separate form for it, the dean of students welfare said, adding that other than this, colleges would not have any additional eligibility criteria.
Delhi University will conduct open house for students and parents on May 21, 22, 26 and 30 in North Campus and on May 23 and 24 in South Campus during which all kind of information on the admission process can be sought.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!