Delhi wall collapse: Municipal authorities order inquiry
New Delhi: The South Delhi Municipal Corporation today ordered an inquiry into the wall collapse of an under-construction building in Hari Nagar area in west Delhi which left four persons dead.
Four persons, aged between 25 and 35 died, in the incident, which took place at around 7:20 pm Friday night.
"An inquiry has been ordered into the incident. It is a case of illegal construction by the builder," an SDMC official said.
The incident happened when a wall of an under-construction building collapsed in L-block area of Hari Nagar.
After a fire call, a team of fire officials rushed to the spot and bodies of four labourers, who were working there, was recovered from the debris, a Delhi Fire Service official said.
"The identities of the deceased have not been established yet and further investigation regarding the owner of the building is going on," a senior police official had said yesterday.
Delhi of late has seen many cases of building collapse, two of the recent cases being from the areas falling under the jurisdiction of North Delhi Municipal Corporation.
On June 28, a building had collapsed in Tulsi Nagar area of Inderlok in north Delhi, in which ten people were killed.
A three-storey under-construction building had also collapsed in Sadar Bazar area in north Delhi, where three persons were killed and 12 others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters