Delhi wall collapse: Municipal authorities order inquiry
New Delhi: The South Delhi Municipal Corporation today ordered an inquiry into the wall collapse of an under-construction building in Hari Nagar area in west Delhi which left four persons dead.
Four persons, aged between 25 and 35 died, in the incident, which took place at around 7:20 pm Friday night.
"An inquiry has been ordered into the incident. It is a case of illegal construction by the builder," an SDMC official said.
The incident happened when a wall of an under-construction building collapsed in L-block area of Hari Nagar.
After a fire call, a team of fire officials rushed to the spot and bodies of four labourers, who were working there, was recovered from the debris, a Delhi Fire Service official said.
"The identities of the deceased have not been established yet and further investigation regarding the owner of the building is going on," a senior police official had said yesterday.
Delhi of late has seen many cases of building collapse, two of the recent cases being from the areas falling under the jurisdiction of North Delhi Municipal Corporation.
On June 28, a building had collapsed in Tulsi Nagar area of Inderlok in north Delhi, in which ten people were killed.
A three-storey under-construction building had also collapsed in Sadar Bazar area in north Delhi, where three persons were killed and 12 others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam