DMRC begins preparations to operate Airport Express line
New Delhi: A day after Reliance Infra refused to operate the Delhi Airport Metro line beyond June 30, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation on Saturday said it has started all the necessary arrangements required to take over operations of the 22.7 km long express link.
"DMRC has started all necessary arrangements required for taking over the operations of the Airport Express Link, if any such requirement arises, in the wake of a recent letter by the concessionaire communicating that they (Reliance Infra) will not be able to run the services after the business hours of June 30," a DMRC spokesperson said.
Reliance Infra owned Delhi Airport Metro Express Private Limited (DAMEPL) had written a letter on June 27 expressing its inability to continue operations from the night of June 30.
Yesterday, in a board meeting the DMRC had rejected the notice given by Reliance Infra, and termed it as a "violation" of the Concessionaire Agreement and the ongoing Arbitration proceedings.
An Operations and Maintenance team of 100 officials has been created under DMRC`s Director, Operations, Sharat Sharma to handle the operations of the airport line, the spokesperson said.
DMRC`s Managing Director Mangu Singh has also formed a core committee of seven senior officials to handle extreme emergency situations.
Officers and staff will be deputed for all the strategic departments such as Operations, Traction, Electrical and Maintenance, Civil, Signalling and Communications, Security, Rolling Stock and Finance, he said.
An Operations Control Manager (OCM) will also be appointed with a dedicated team to take over the control of all the important Operations Control Centre (OCC) of the line, from where the Express link operations are monitored.
However, the staff currently employed by the concessionaire in station management and train operations will continue to carry on with their responsibilities under the DMRC`s supervision.
"Senior DMRC officials today had a meeting with the officials of the concessionaire, Delhi Airport Metro Express Private Limited for the smooth transition of the services. Both the organisations are working together to ensure the continuation of the smooth functioning of the line," the DMRC spokesperson said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!