DMRC chief inspect Mukundpur-Gokulpuri corridor
New Delhi: Delhi Metro chief Mangu Singh on Saturday inspected the Mukundpur-Gokulpuri corridor that brings the Inner Ring Road under the Metro map and asked authorities to adopt special safety measures to ensure minimum inconvenience to people during construction.
He inspected the 22-km long Mukundpur-Moti Bagh stretch of the 56 kilometres Mukundpur-Gokulpuri corridor of the Phase III project and visited Azadpur, Zakhira casting yard, Naraina and continued his detailed inspection till Dhaula Kuan and Moti Bagh.
The corridor will be commissioned for the public in 2016. During his inspection, he stressed DMRC engineers to ensure good quality of work, safety apart from maintaining the speed of construction.
"Since this corridor is passing through the inner ring road of the capital where there is always a huge traffic, the managing director instructed that special safety measures should be adopted so that the public is not inconvenienced and the high speed traffic on this corridor is properly cautioned and handled," DMRC spokesman Anuj Dayal said.
He specially instructed the chief project managers to maintain strict barricading at the construction sites and see that movement of the traffic is not affected at all.
DMRC has ensured that the Dhaula Kuan-Delhi Cantt main road will continue to serve as a four lane carriageway and there is no hindrance to public as regards the width of the road. Existing width of the road will be maintained by Delhi Metro throughout this stretch.
During the inspection, Singh said that raising the height of the 220 KV power overhead line, which is the only source of feeding to the Bhakra Beas Management Board (BBMB) grid sub-station at Punjabi Bagh, is one of the challenging tasks on this line.
"DMRC is interacting with the concerned authorities of BBMB for raising the height of the power line so that the Metro construction is not hampered," Dayal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145