Domestic help’s murder: BSP MP, wife sent to police custody
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Bahujan Samajwadi Party (BSP) MP Dhananjay Singh and his wife Jagriti Singh were on Saturday sent to two0day police custody by a Delhi court on Saturday for allegedly torturing their maid to death.
While seeking custody, Delhi police has said that they wanted to interrogate the duo about the CCTV footage recordings regarding the identity of some unidentified persons.
The identity of the unidentified people needs to be ascertained from the CCTV cameras installed at the house of the BSP MLA, where the incident took place.
The two accused were produced before the court after their judicial custody came to an end.
35-year-old maid Rakhi was allegedly beaten by Jagriti for several days. A native of West Bengal, she was employed nine months ago through a placement agency.
The accused had used wooden sticks, iron rods, iron press and even metallic, artificial deer horns to beat the deceased maid and other domestic help, the police reportedly claimed.
Dhananjay Singh, who represents Jaunpur Lok Sabha constituency in Uttar Pradesh, has been booked for destruction of evidence and violating the provisions of the Juvenile Justice Act.
His wife Jagriti, a dentist at a government hospital, has been booked for murder, attempt to murder and for violating the Juvenile Justice Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre