Duo denied bail in 2013 CGL exam cheating case
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Friday dismissed the bail application of two persons accused of allegedly using electronic devices for writing answers in the Staff Selection Commission, 2013, Combined Graduate Level Examination.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Lokesh Kumar Sharma denied bail to accused Hemant Maan and Sunil Kumar, who were arrested along with four others, saying the probe was at a nascent stage and the offence committed was of a very serious nature.
"Since the investigation itself is at its initial stage and the other co accused are absconding, I do not find it a fit case to grant bail to the accused (Hemant and Sunil) at this stage. The application is dismissed accordingly," the court said.
The two had moved their bail applications after being remanded in judicial custody.
The court had earlier dismissed the bail application of accused Virender Singh.
Presently all the six arrested accused ? Hemant, Sunil, Arvind Kumar, Virender, Yogender and Shailender ? are lodged in Tihar jail.
While denying bail to the accused, the court said, "so far as the investigation is concerned, this is a case where an attempt was made by the candidates to solve their examination question paper by using high-tech electronic devices and similarly, the case is also required to be investigated from the angle of an expert having familiarity with the procedure for collection of such evidence".
The accused were arrested while they were appearing for the examination, which was held on Sept. 29.
They were allegedly using "latest communication devices" during the examination to be in touch with people who were feeding them the answers, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice