DUTA alleges violation of rules in appointment of HODs
New Delhi: The Delhi University Teachers` Association (DUTA) on Tuesday alleged that the principle of rotation has been violated by the varsity in appointment of the heads of departments.
"The principle of rotation laid down under Ordinance XXIII in appointment of Heads of Departments in several cases has been violated in a completely non-transparent manner in the past few years," DUTA President Nandita Narain claimed in a statement.
Ordinance XXIII (1) stipulates that "The Head of the Department shall be appointed by the Vice-Chancellor by observing, as far as possible, the principle of rotation."
The latest example of such arbitrary use of powers has come to light in the Department of Geology where JP Srivastava has been refused the position of HOD by the varsity twice, Narain claimed.
Professor CS Dubey was appointed HOD of the Geology department on June 1, 2011. On expiry of his term on June 2, his term was extended till further orders even though the ordinance does not provide for any such extension.
Dubey is currently also Director, Campus of Open Learning and therefore a member of the Vice-Chancellor`s team - Chairman, Delhi University Sports Council, and Dean, Faculty of Science.
Bypassing JP Srivastava, Devesh Kumar Sinha, six years junior to Srivastava, has now been appointed as the Head, Geology Department for three years.
"DUTA urges the Visitor to intervene urgently and institute a comprehensive enquiry into the numerous examples of blatant violations of all rules and regulations and large-scale academic and administrative misgovernance," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India