East Delhi to launch 24x7 monsoon helpline
New Delhi: With the monsoon expected to soon arrive in the capital, the East Delhi Municipal Corporation (EDMC) will Saturday launch a 24x7 helpline - 155303 - to quickly respond to any distress calls related to poor sanitation, waterlogging and clogged drains, among others.
"The helpline will take complaints of citizens and forward them to the respective departments, depending on the nature of complaint. In case a complaint is not resolved, citizens can also get in touch with officers of their respective wards," EDMC spokesperson YS Mann said.
With the helpline number, and the control room numbers for Shahadra North and South, the EDMC has also provided the names and contact details of officers in the respective wards who can be contacted for resolving any monsoon-related woes.
"The operation for the helpline number has been outsourced and it will now function on a 24x7 basis, starting Saturday. It will remain functional throughout the year," Mann said.
The helpline was earlier operational only from 10 am to 6 p.m.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?