Elderly widow, daughter murdered in Delhi
New Delhi: An 85-year-old woman and her daughter, both widows, were Monday murdered in their house here, police said.
The bodies of Ramwati, 85, and her daughter Rajni Thakur, 55, were found in a pool of blood by a maid around 7.30 am in Laxmi Nagar in east Delhi, police said.
The house was ransacked and some valuables were missing but the exact loss was yet to be ascertain, police said.
The victims` throats had been slit with a sharp edged weapon, said a police officer.
"It seems that it was a friendly entry into the house," said the officer.
The culprit might be a relative, neighbour or someone known to the victims, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16