Ensure best treatment to child rape victim: Dikshit
New Delhi: Shocked and angry over the brutal rape of a five-year-old girl, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Saturday asked Chief Secretary D M Spolia to coordinate with AIIMS to ensure best possible treatment for the child and offer all necessary help to the family of the victim.
Dikshit, who underwent a surgery at a city hospital for sinus problem, issued the instruction to the Chief Secretary and asked him to personally monitor treatment of the girl admitted to the AIIMS.
"The Chief Minister was shocked and deeply anguished over the ghastly incident. She has directed the Chief Secretary to personally coordinate with AIIMS authorities to ensure best possible medical care," a source told PTI.
Sources said Dikshit has been enquiring about condition of the child regularly and issuing instructions to top officials of her Government so that she gets proper medical care.
Protests erupted in Delhi today demanding justice for the five-year-old girl and punishment for policemen for their insensitivity in dealing with the case, even as police arrested the 22-year-old accused from Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district.
The girl was brutally raped and assaulted allegedly by her neighbour, while being held captive and starved for two days. The condition of the girl is stable though she has suffered serious injuries in the assault, doctors attending on her said.
Dikshit, 75, underwent the surgery at Fortis Escorts Heart Hospital yesterday and is likely to be discharged on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city