Ensure best treatment to child rape victim: Dikshit
New Delhi: Shocked and angry over the brutal rape of a five-year-old girl, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Saturday asked Chief Secretary D M Spolia to coordinate with AIIMS to ensure best possible treatment for the child and offer all necessary help to the family of the victim.
Dikshit, who underwent a surgery at a city hospital for sinus problem, issued the instruction to the Chief Secretary and asked him to personally monitor treatment of the girl admitted to the AIIMS.
"The Chief Minister was shocked and deeply anguished over the ghastly incident. She has directed the Chief Secretary to personally coordinate with AIIMS authorities to ensure best possible medical care," a source told PTI.
Sources said Dikshit has been enquiring about condition of the child regularly and issuing instructions to top officials of her Government so that she gets proper medical care.
Protests erupted in Delhi today demanding justice for the five-year-old girl and punishment for policemen for their insensitivity in dealing with the case, even as police arrested the 22-year-old accused from Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district.
The girl was brutally raped and assaulted allegedly by her neighbour, while being held captive and starved for two days. The condition of the girl is stable though she has suffered serious injuries in the assault, doctors attending on her said.
Dikshit, 75, underwent the surgery at Fortis Escorts Heart Hospital yesterday and is likely to be discharged on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad