Ex-Congress MLA arrested after daughter-in-law found hanging
New Delhi: A former Congress MLA has been arrested after her daughter-in-law was found hanging under mysterious circumstances at a house in Delhi`s Sarai Rohilla area.
Sadiram`s wife and his son Sudhanshu have also been arrested.
Victim`s family alleged that their daughter was killed for dowry. Her in-laws, however, claimed that she had committed suicide.
Rekha, 27, was found hanging inside her in-law`s house on Saturday morning.
Rekha`s father Ashok Chaudhary, in his complaint, said in December 2012, he had organised her daughter`s marriage with the son of former MLA Sadiram.
"A few days after the marriage, Rekha`s in-laws started demanding more dowry. When I could not fulfil their continuous demand, they killed my daughter," Chaudhary said.
"Victim`s body has been sent for post-mortem to ascertain the exact reason behind the death as her family members alleged that she was killed by her in-laws for dowry," said a police officer.
"A probe in the case has been conducted and we are waiting for victim`s post-mortem report before taking further action," the officer added.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi