Ex-Congress MLA arrested after daughter-in-law found hanging
New Delhi: A former Congress MLA has been arrested after her daughter-in-law was found hanging under mysterious circumstances at a house in Delhi`s Sarai Rohilla area.
Sadiram`s wife and his son Sudhanshu have also been arrested.
Victim`s family alleged that their daughter was killed for dowry. Her in-laws, however, claimed that she had committed suicide.
Rekha, 27, was found hanging inside her in-law`s house on Saturday morning.
Rekha`s father Ashok Chaudhary, in his complaint, said in December 2012, he had organised her daughter`s marriage with the son of former MLA Sadiram.
"A few days after the marriage, Rekha`s in-laws started demanding more dowry. When I could not fulfil their continuous demand, they killed my daughter," Chaudhary said.
"Victim`s body has been sent for post-mortem to ascertain the exact reason behind the death as her family members alleged that she was killed by her in-laws for dowry," said a police officer.
"A probe in the case has been conducted and we are waiting for victim`s post-mortem report before taking further action," the officer added.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!