Ex-Congress MLA arrested after daughter-in-law found hanging
New Delhi: A former Congress MLA has been arrested after her daughter-in-law was found hanging under mysterious circumstances at a house in Delhi`s Sarai Rohilla area.
Sadiram`s wife and his son Sudhanshu have also been arrested.
Victim`s family alleged that their daughter was killed for dowry. Her in-laws, however, claimed that she had committed suicide.
Rekha, 27, was found hanging inside her in-law`s house on Saturday morning.
Rekha`s father Ashok Chaudhary, in his complaint, said in December 2012, he had organised her daughter`s marriage with the son of former MLA Sadiram.
"A few days after the marriage, Rekha`s in-laws started demanding more dowry. When I could not fulfil their continuous demand, they killed my daughter," Chaudhary said.
"Victim`s body has been sent for post-mortem to ascertain the exact reason behind the death as her family members alleged that she was killed by her in-laws for dowry," said a police officer.
"A probe in the case has been conducted and we are waiting for victim`s post-mortem report before taking further action," the officer added.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory