Failure in sending replies: PAC refuses to hear UD Secy
New Delhi: Peeved at the failure of Urban Development Ministry in replying to a set of questions on the Commonwealth Games, Public Accounts Committee on friday refused to listen to the Secretary when he appeared before it.
UD Secretary Sudhir Krishna appeared before PAC today as it was examining the role of various departments and ministries based on the CAG report on irregularities in the run up to the Commonwealth Games.
He was asked to explain the Ministry`s failure in replying to a set of 46 questions sent to it by PAC on July 6.
Krishna is learnt to have said that the draft reply was ready but sought time till this month end to send it to PAC.
But PAC members in a unanimous voice asked him to send it within seven days.
The Urban Development Ministry was supposed to reply to PAC by July 26 and one of the major questions posed to it was to explain who would reply on behalf of CPWD for the work done by the agency for the Games.
The Secretary was told that the panel could not hear him till the replies were furnished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket