Failure in sending replies: PAC refuses to hear UD Secy
New Delhi: Peeved at the failure of Urban Development Ministry in replying to a set of questions on the Commonwealth Games, Public Accounts Committee on friday refused to listen to the Secretary when he appeared before it.
UD Secretary Sudhir Krishna appeared before PAC today as it was examining the role of various departments and ministries based on the CAG report on irregularities in the run up to the Commonwealth Games.
He was asked to explain the Ministry`s failure in replying to a set of 46 questions sent to it by PAC on July 6.
Krishna is learnt to have said that the draft reply was ready but sought time till this month end to send it to PAC.
But PAC members in a unanimous voice asked him to send it within seven days.
The Urban Development Ministry was supposed to reply to PAC by July 26 and one of the major questions posed to it was to explain who would reply on behalf of CPWD for the work done by the agency for the Games.
The Secretary was told that the panel could not hear him till the replies were furnished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win