Farsh Bazar rape case: Teenage victim shifted to AIIMS
New Delhi: The 13-year-old girl, who allegedly attempted suicide here after being raped by eight men, was on Tuesday shifted to AIIMS for further treatment.
She was being shifted from Hegdewar hospital.
Police have so far arrested six persons in connection with the case.
The girl had allegedly attempted suicide on April 20 by consuming sleeping pills.
The crime came to light when the parents of the victim, residing in Farsh Bazar in east Delhi, approached police and complained about the incident.
According to the complaint, the victim was kidnapped from near her house by the eight people, including one person whom she addresses as "uncle", on March 16 and forcibly taken to Loni in Ghaziabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Religious tensions bristle in Myanmar village after mosque destroyed
- After IITs, HRD Ministry hikes fees in NITs, IISERs
- Was Test captain Virat Kohli overruled by BCCI, CAC in India coach appointment?
- Swami Prasad Maurya is a traitor: Mayawati
- Gold slips from 26-month high, down Rs 485 on fall in demand