Flight operations normal at IGI airport
New Delhi: Flight operations remained unaffected at the Indira Gandhi International airport here for the third consecutive day on Friday even as the airport experienced fog.
Though there was fog last night and this morning, it did not affect flight operations.
Fog started to descend on the airport from 10 PM last night and the runway visibility at the third runway reduced to 700 metres but on the main runway it was 1,200 metres.
"The visibility dipped on the runway between 2 am and 5 am, but as it was way above the required minimum of 125 metres and 150 metres for small and large aircraft, there was no disruption," airport sources said.
"Arriving flights had to use the various categories of instrument landing system to land," they said.
"Flight operations were badly hit due to dense fog early this week leading to delay, cancellations and diversions of over 300 flights.But for last two days, operations are normal despite moderate to shallow fog at the airport," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS