Flight operations normal at IGI airport
New Delhi: Flight operations remained unaffected at the Indira Gandhi International airport here for the third consecutive day on Friday even as the airport experienced fog.
Though there was fog last night and this morning, it did not affect flight operations.
Fog started to descend on the airport from 10 PM last night and the runway visibility at the third runway reduced to 700 metres but on the main runway it was 1,200 metres.
"The visibility dipped on the runway between 2 am and 5 am, but as it was way above the required minimum of 125 metres and 150 metres for small and large aircraft, there was no disruption," airport sources said.
"Arriving flights had to use the various categories of instrument landing system to land," they said.
"Flight operations were badly hit due to dense fog early this week leading to delay, cancellations and diversions of over 300 flights.But for last two days, operations are normal despite moderate to shallow fog at the airport," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state