Flight operations normal at IGI airport
New Delhi: Flight operations remained unaffected at the Indira Gandhi International airport here for the third consecutive day on Friday even as the airport experienced fog.
Though there was fog last night and this morning, it did not affect flight operations.
Fog started to descend on the airport from 10 PM last night and the runway visibility at the third runway reduced to 700 metres but on the main runway it was 1,200 metres.
"The visibility dipped on the runway between 2 am and 5 am, but as it was way above the required minimum of 125 metres and 150 metres for small and large aircraft, there was no disruption," airport sources said.
"Arriving flights had to use the various categories of instrument landing system to land," they said.
"Flight operations were badly hit due to dense fog early this week leading to delay, cancellations and diversions of over 300 flights.But for last two days, operations are normal despite moderate to shallow fog at the airport," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!