Four earthquakes rattle Delhi-NCR within three hours; no casualties
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: People in the national capital region were jolted out of sleep early on Tuesday after four slight-intensity quakes were felt within a span of three hours.
The first tremor of 3.1 magnitude on the Richter Scale occurred at 12:41 am followed by the second earthquake of 3.3 magnitude at around 1.41 am.
Hundreds of panicked people in Delhi and adjoining cities of Gurgaon, Noida and Ghaziabad rushed out of their homes after the first quake and most were still out in the open when tremors were felt for the second time.
Also Read: Earthquakes: Why Delhi is a high risk zone?
Later two more quakes of 2.5 and 2.8 magnitude intensity followed at 1.55 and 3.40 am respectively. The tremors lasted for three to four seconds.
While the epicentre of the first quake was at a depth of 10 kilometres below the ground near Sainik Farms area in South Delhi, the second was centred south-east of Manesar near Gurgaon in Haryana.
Delhi lies in seismic zone 4.
Twitter was also abuzz with activity on the Delhi earthquake.
In Rajasthan felt the earthquake in Delhi via @TwitterIndia :-) The world is increasingly looking more like '@'
— Rajyavardhan Rathore (@Ra_THORe) November 12, 2013
Tremors! Earthquake in Delhi. Lasted like a grind for a many seconds
— Tarun Shukla (@shukla_tarun) November 11, 2013
— Shiv Aroor (@ShivAroor) November 11, 2013
Is it me, or did I just feel earthquake tremors (in #Delhi)..
— Ayush Das (@ayush_d) November 11, 2013
Despite being awake till 1 am never felt the earthquake shocks in Delhi. May be low intensity and central Delhi was away from its centre.
— S Irfan Habib (@irfhabib) November 12, 2013
T 1291 -The earthquake in Delhi is so scary .. been in one many years ago .. its like 1000 jets taking off under you ! The whole city shakes
— Amitabh Bachchan (@SrBachchan) November 12, 2013
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Bihar intermediate result 2015 (commerce) on biharboard.ac.in