Fresh summons issued to Gupta for defaming Dikshit
New Delhi: A court on Friday issued fresh summons against Bharatiya Janata Party leader Vijender Gupta in a defamation case filed by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
Metropolitan Magistrate Saumya Chauhan issued the fresh summons to Gupta for July 12 after he failed to appear before her court.
The court on June 4 had accepted Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit`s plea for issuance of summons against Gupta for defaming her prior to the April civic polls in the capital.
Dikshit alleged that Gupta used "uncivilised" language against her, calling her "villain", "cheat" and a "vamp", and also said that she had intentionally cheated the people of Delhi.
Dikshit`s counsel Mehmood Pracha told the court that Gupta neither responded to the legal notice served on him, nor apologised for his remarks against her.
The chief minister May 30 recorded her statement against Gupta and requested the court to summon him for having allegedly used "uncivilised" language.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview