Fresh summons issued to Gupta for defaming Dikshit
New Delhi: A court on Friday issued fresh summons against Bharatiya Janata Party leader Vijender Gupta in a defamation case filed by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
Metropolitan Magistrate Saumya Chauhan issued the fresh summons to Gupta for July 12 after he failed to appear before her court.
The court on June 4 had accepted Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit`s plea for issuance of summons against Gupta for defaming her prior to the April civic polls in the capital.
Dikshit alleged that Gupta used "uncivilised" language against her, calling her "villain", "cheat" and a "vamp", and also said that she had intentionally cheated the people of Delhi.
Dikshit`s counsel Mehmood Pracha told the court that Gupta neither responded to the legal notice served on him, nor apologised for his remarks against her.
The chief minister May 30 recorded her statement against Gupta and requested the court to summon him for having allegedly used "uncivilised" language.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price