Friend arrested for raping fashion designer student
New Delhi: A man was arrested for raping his 22-year-old fashion designer student friend in a hotel two days ago, police said Sunday.
Vaibhav Jain, 27, was nabbed Saturday night from his central Delhi Karol Bagh residence.
The victim told police she went with Jain to Nehru Place Friday where he offered her a liquor-laced cold drink.
As per her statement, police said, Jain took her to a hotel in south Delhi`s Safdarjung area after she fell unconscious. He then raped her.
Police said the victim approached them after regaining consciousness.
The officer added that the accused was arrested following the victim`s medical report that confirmed rape.
Jain is an engineer and works with a private company in Delhi.
"A case has been registered and Jain sent to judicial custody," said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Audrey Hepburn letters sell at auction for 11,250 pounds
- Attention TV lovers, we have a good news for 'Sarabhai vs Sarabhai' fans! - Read more
- News Television Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags best news channel website honour
- Say Whaaat! Winners of Sunny Leone, Rannvijay Singha's 'Splitsvilla 9' already decided?
- Google-backed transpacific submarine cable between US and Japan goes live today!