Friend arrested for raping fashion designer student
New Delhi: A man was arrested for raping his 22-year-old fashion designer student friend in a hotel two days ago, police said Sunday.
Vaibhav Jain, 27, was nabbed Saturday night from his central Delhi Karol Bagh residence.
The victim told police she went with Jain to Nehru Place Friday where he offered her a liquor-laced cold drink.
As per her statement, police said, Jain took her to a hotel in south Delhi`s Safdarjung area after she fell unconscious. He then raped her.
Police said the victim approached them after regaining consciousness.
The officer added that the accused was arrested following the victim`s medical report that confirmed rape.
Jain is an engineer and works with a private company in Delhi.
"A case has been registered and Jain sent to judicial custody," said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble