Friend arrested for raping fashion designer student
New Delhi: A man was arrested for raping his 22-year-old fashion designer student friend in a hotel two days ago, police said Sunday.
Vaibhav Jain, 27, was nabbed Saturday night from his central Delhi Karol Bagh residence.
The victim told police she went with Jain to Nehru Place Friday where he offered her a liquor-laced cold drink.
As per her statement, police said, Jain took her to a hotel in south Delhi`s Safdarjung area after she fell unconscious. He then raped her.
Police said the victim approached them after regaining consciousness.
The officer added that the accused was arrested following the victim`s medical report that confirmed rape.
Jain is an engineer and works with a private company in Delhi.
"A case has been registered and Jain sent to judicial custody," said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rohtang Pass row: SC seeks response from Himachal Pradesh on plea challenging NGT order
- Suresh Raina dropped, Faiz Faisal picked for Zimbabwe tour; Shardul Thakur rewarded with maiden Test call-up for WI series
- Twin suicide bombings in Yemen leave over 49 people dead
- Ajay Devgn, Sooraj Pancholi to get action training in Germany for Remo's film
- KRK tries to mock Abhishek Bachchan, gets trolled instead! – Details inside