Gang-rape case: Accused seeks university date sheet
New Delhi: Vinay Sharma, one of the accused in the Delhi gang-rape case, Tuesday pleaded before a fast track court to direct IGNOU to provide him a copy of the examination schedule for the first year of BA course.
Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna asked police to file its reply on the application.
Sharma, through his counsel AP Singh, told the court that IGNOU has not yet sent its date sheet and a direction should be issued to the university to provide the exam schedule to allow him to prepare for his exams.
Sharma said he had taken admission in first year of BA programme of IGNOU in August last year, four months before the Dec 16, 2012, gang-rape incident.
Special Public Prosecutor Dayan Krishnan, raising objection to Sharma`s request, said that "his parents could collect the date sheet or even his counsel could do the same".
The court earlier provided a tutor to Sharma to prepare for his Indian Air Force clerical job test.
The six accused in the case had brutally assaulted and gang-raped a 23-year-old physio-therapist Dec 16, 2012, in a moving bus. The woman died 13 days later. One of the accused is dead and another is a minor facing proceedings before a Juvenile Justice Board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!