Gang-rape case: Accused seeks university date sheet
New Delhi: Vinay Sharma, one of the accused in the Delhi gang-rape case, Tuesday pleaded before a fast track court to direct IGNOU to provide him a copy of the examination schedule for the first year of BA course.
Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna asked police to file its reply on the application.
Sharma, through his counsel AP Singh, told the court that IGNOU has not yet sent its date sheet and a direction should be issued to the university to provide the exam schedule to allow him to prepare for his exams.
Sharma said he had taken admission in first year of BA programme of IGNOU in August last year, four months before the Dec 16, 2012, gang-rape incident.
Special Public Prosecutor Dayan Krishnan, raising objection to Sharma`s request, said that "his parents could collect the date sheet or even his counsel could do the same".
The court earlier provided a tutor to Sharma to prepare for his Indian Air Force clerical job test.
The six accused in the case had brutally assaulted and gang-raped a 23-year-old physio-therapist Dec 16, 2012, in a moving bus. The woman died 13 days later. One of the accused is dead and another is a minor facing proceedings before a Juvenile Justice Board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says