Gang-rape case: Accused seeks university date sheet
New Delhi: Vinay Sharma, one of the accused in the Delhi gang-rape case, Tuesday pleaded before a fast track court to direct IGNOU to provide him a copy of the examination schedule for the first year of BA course.
Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna asked police to file its reply on the application.
Sharma, through his counsel AP Singh, told the court that IGNOU has not yet sent its date sheet and a direction should be issued to the university to provide the exam schedule to allow him to prepare for his exams.
Sharma said he had taken admission in first year of BA programme of IGNOU in August last year, four months before the Dec 16, 2012, gang-rape incident.
Special Public Prosecutor Dayan Krishnan, raising objection to Sharma`s request, said that "his parents could collect the date sheet or even his counsel could do the same".
The court earlier provided a tutor to Sharma to prepare for his Indian Air Force clerical job test.
The six accused in the case had brutally assaulted and gang-raped a 23-year-old physio-therapist Dec 16, 2012, in a moving bus. The woman died 13 days later. One of the accused is dead and another is a minor facing proceedings before a Juvenile Justice Board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail