Gang-rape victim’s death: JNU students protest silently in Munirka
New Delhi: Students and teachers of Jawaharlal Nehru University gathered in silence at the Munirka bus stop in south Delhi from where the gang-rape victim, who passed away in a Singapore hospital on Friday, was picked up on the night of Dec 16.
Students held up placards with anti-rape slogans, demanding action to prevent such crime.
"We are not just sad but angry. When would such atrocities stop? Are women not human," said Nidhi, a JNU student who was part of the march.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE:CM Fadnavis thanks people of Maharashtra for 'huge' victory as BJP clinches 81 seats; Shiv Sena 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway