Gang-rape victim’s death: JNU students protest silently in Munirka
New Delhi: Students and teachers of Jawaharlal Nehru University gathered in silence at the Munirka bus stop in south Delhi from where the gang-rape victim, who passed away in a Singapore hospital on Friday, was picked up on the night of Dec 16.
Students held up placards with anti-rape slogans, demanding action to prevent such crime.
"We are not just sad but angry. When would such atrocities stop? Are women not human," said Nidhi, a JNU student who was part of the march.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!