Gang-rape victim’s death: JNU students protest silently in Munirka
New Delhi: Students and teachers of Jawaharlal Nehru University gathered in silence at the Munirka bus stop in south Delhi from where the gang-rape victim, who passed away in a Singapore hospital on Friday, was picked up on the night of Dec 16.
Students held up placards with anti-rape slogans, demanding action to prevent such crime.
"We are not just sad but angry. When would such atrocities stop? Are women not human," said Nidhi, a JNU student who was part of the march.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed