Gang-rape victim’s death: JNU students protest silently in Munirka
New Delhi: Students and teachers of Jawaharlal Nehru University gathered in silence at the Munirka bus stop in south Delhi from where the gang-rape victim, who passed away in a Singapore hospital on Friday, was picked up on the night of Dec 16.
Students held up placards with anti-rape slogans, demanding action to prevent such crime.
"We are not just sad but angry. When would such atrocities stop? Are women not human," said Nidhi, a JNU student who was part of the march.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible