Geetika suicide case: Kanda’s MDLR office raided
Gurgaon: Delhi police on Sunday raided the office of the MDLR group here in connection with the alleged suicide of air-hostess Geetika Sharma.
The police team, who took arrested MDLR employee Aruna Chadha along with it, seized various documents and scanned computers, sources said.
Accompanied by some women police officers, the Delhi police remained at the four-storey office building at the posh Sector 15 here for more than two hours.
Chadha`s two-day police remand had been extended by one day on Saturday.
She would be produced before the Judicial Magistrate again on Sunday.
Main accused and former Haryana Minister of State for Home Affairs Gopal Kanda still evades arrest.
Apparently depressed over continuous mental harassment allegedly by Kanda, 23-year-old Sharma took the extreme step at her Ashok Vihar residence in north-west Delhi.
In her suicide note, Sharma, who quit Kanda`s company recently, accused the former minister of torturing her mentally after she left the job.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional