Girl stabbed by boyfriend in Delhi
New Delhi: An 18-year-old girl was stabbed by her boyfriend, 19, following an argument over a petty issue here on Tuesday evening, police said. He was arrested late evening.
The victim`s condition was critical and she was undergoing treatment at Rao Tula Ram hospital in South Delhi, police said.
On Tuesday, around 4.00 pm, the couple met in a park in Dwarka area in South Delhi to sort out their differences over some issue. They left for home on motorbike but another round of argument ensued between them on the way.
"The girl was talking over the phone when the boy asked about the person whom she was talking to. The girl refused to divulge the caller`s identity which infuriated the boy," police said.
"In the meantime, he stabbed her two or three times on the face and neck with a knife and ran away on his motorbike."
Some passersby saw the girl bleeding and called up the police.
Police said the boy had been arrested from his home in Najafgarh area, where the girl also lives in the neighbourhood.
He told police that he was angry over the girl`s talking to their common friend which he did not like.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says