Haryana govt initiate efforts to check eve-teasing
Chandigarh: Haryana Government has chalked out steps to check eve-teasing and sexual harassment of women in the state and directions have been issued to all concerned departments in this regard.
"These directions have been issued in compliance with the recent order of the Supreme Court which directs the states and Union Territories to curb eve-teasing to ensure safety of women at public places," Director General, Women and Child Development Department, Sumita Misra said in a release here Wednesday.
Misra said the steps include deputing plain clothed female police officers in and around bus-stops, railway stations, metro stations, cinema theatres, shopping malls and parks among other places to curb incidents of eve-teasing.
"The Government would install CCTV cameras in strategic positions which itself would be a deterrent and if any wrongdoing is detected, the offender could be caught," she said.
Moreover, women`s helpline service would be set up in various cities and towns within three months, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM