Haryana govt initiate efforts to check eve-teasing
Chandigarh: Haryana Government has chalked out steps to check eve-teasing and sexual harassment of women in the state and directions have been issued to all concerned departments in this regard.
"These directions have been issued in compliance with the recent order of the Supreme Court which directs the states and Union Territories to curb eve-teasing to ensure safety of women at public places," Director General, Women and Child Development Department, Sumita Misra said in a release here Wednesday.
Misra said the steps include deputing plain clothed female police officers in and around bus-stops, railway stations, metro stations, cinema theatres, shopping malls and parks among other places to curb incidents of eve-teasing.
"The Government would install CCTV cameras in strategic positions which itself would be a deterrent and if any wrongdoing is detected, the offender could be caught," she said.
Moreover, women`s helpline service would be set up in various cities and towns within three months, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral