Haryana govt initiate efforts to check eve-teasing
Chandigarh: Haryana Government has chalked out steps to check eve-teasing and sexual harassment of women in the state and directions have been issued to all concerned departments in this regard.
"These directions have been issued in compliance with the recent order of the Supreme Court which directs the states and Union Territories to curb eve-teasing to ensure safety of women at public places," Director General, Women and Child Development Department, Sumita Misra said in a release here Wednesday.
Misra said the steps include deputing plain clothed female police officers in and around bus-stops, railway stations, metro stations, cinema theatres, shopping malls and parks among other places to curb incidents of eve-teasing.
"The Government would install CCTV cameras in strategic positions which itself would be a deterrent and if any wrongdoing is detected, the offender could be caught," she said.
Moreover, women`s helpline service would be set up in various cities and towns within three months, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- At least 700 dead after series of shipwrecks off Libyan coast
- Sidharth Malhotra is spilling hotness all over this summer! - Pic inside
- No touching! Operate Google's smartwatches just with hand gestures - Watch
- Indo-Pak bilateral series: Pakistan govt tells PCB not to initiate dialogue with BCCI
- PCB confident of getting Mohammad Amir's visa for England tour