Haryana govt initiate efforts to check eve-teasing
Chandigarh: Haryana Government has chalked out steps to check eve-teasing and sexual harassment of women in the state and directions have been issued to all concerned departments in this regard.
"These directions have been issued in compliance with the recent order of the Supreme Court which directs the states and Union Territories to curb eve-teasing to ensure safety of women at public places," Director General, Women and Child Development Department, Sumita Misra said in a release here Wednesday.
Misra said the steps include deputing plain clothed female police officers in and around bus-stops, railway stations, metro stations, cinema theatres, shopping malls and parks among other places to curb incidents of eve-teasing.
"The Government would install CCTV cameras in strategic positions which itself would be a deterrent and if any wrongdoing is detected, the offender could be caught," she said.
Moreover, women`s helpline service would be set up in various cities and towns within three months, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Swimming's governing body FINA bans seven Russians from participating at Rio Olympics
- Not liable to repay Rs 6,000 crore debt due to breach of terms: Kingfisher Airlines
- Pakistan assures China of 'smooth progress' of economic corridor
- Ajit Jogi opens new front against Congress over Mahanadi dam
- Bangladesh's BNP to hold countrywide protest on Wednesday