IAP condoles death of Delhi gang-rape victim
New Delhi: The Indian Association of Physiotherapy on Saturday condoled the death of the Delhi gang-rape victim, saying the incident has "exposed complete incompetence" by law-enforcement authorities.
The 23-year-old girl, who was pursuing a physiotherapy course, was a member of the Association.
"We are deeply saddened and distressed by the news of the braveheart Physiotherapy intern succumbing to the brutal Delhi gang-rape. The Indian Association of Physiotherapists (IAP) extends its deepest condolences to her family and wish her family to have strength to bear this grievous loss.
"We vow to continue our agitation in our capacity until the attackers are punished. This unfortunate incident has indeed exposed the complete incompetence by our law- enforcement authorities," its president Umasankar Mohanty said in a statement.
The para-medical student, who was gang-raped and brutally assaulted by six men in a moving bus on December 16, passed away "peacefully" at the Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore where she was airlifted on Wednesday night.
Her condition took a turn for the worse last night and she died in the wee hours today due to multiple organ failure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok