IAP condoles death of Delhi gang-rape victim
New Delhi: The Indian Association of Physiotherapy on Saturday condoled the death of the Delhi gang-rape victim, saying the incident has "exposed complete incompetence" by law-enforcement authorities.
The 23-year-old girl, who was pursuing a physiotherapy course, was a member of the Association.
"We are deeply saddened and distressed by the news of the braveheart Physiotherapy intern succumbing to the brutal Delhi gang-rape. The Indian Association of Physiotherapists (IAP) extends its deepest condolences to her family and wish her family to have strength to bear this grievous loss.
"We vow to continue our agitation in our capacity until the attackers are punished. This unfortunate incident has indeed exposed the complete incompetence by our law- enforcement authorities," its president Umasankar Mohanty said in a statement.
The para-medical student, who was gang-raped and brutally assaulted by six men in a moving bus on December 16, passed away "peacefully" at the Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore where she was airlifted on Wednesday night.
Her condition took a turn for the worse last night and she died in the wee hours today due to multiple organ failure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed