IAP condoles death of Delhi gang-rape victim
New Delhi: The Indian Association of Physiotherapy on Saturday condoled the death of the Delhi gang-rape victim, saying the incident has "exposed complete incompetence" by law-enforcement authorities.
The 23-year-old girl, who was pursuing a physiotherapy course, was a member of the Association.
"We are deeply saddened and distressed by the news of the braveheart Physiotherapy intern succumbing to the brutal Delhi gang-rape. The Indian Association of Physiotherapists (IAP) extends its deepest condolences to her family and wish her family to have strength to bear this grievous loss.
"We vow to continue our agitation in our capacity until the attackers are punished. This unfortunate incident has indeed exposed the complete incompetence by our law- enforcement authorities," its president Umasankar Mohanty said in a statement.
The para-medical student, who was gang-raped and brutally assaulted by six men in a moving bus on December 16, passed away "peacefully" at the Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore where she was airlifted on Wednesday night.
Her condition took a turn for the worse last night and she died in the wee hours today due to multiple organ failure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why