Indian Mujahideen suspected to be behind Delhi HC

Last Updated: Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 18:03

New Delhi: Banned Indian Mujahideen terror
outfit is suspected to be behind the low intensity blast
outside the Delhi High Court in May last year.

The NIA, which took over the probe in December last year
after the Special Cell of Delhi Police failed to make any
headway, has got some leads to suggest that the blast on May
25 last year was a handiwork of the banned terror outfit,
official sources said.

The investigations into this blast had virtually slipped
into the background after the High Court premises were rocked
on September seven by an explosion that left 15 people dead.

The sources said initial investigations into the case had
come with an assumption that it could have been dry run for
the blast in September but during the course of probe that the
May 25 was a work of a different group all together.

The explosive material used in the May 25 blasts were
similar to those used by the terror group on earlier
occasions, the sources said and added that "we have some
information that would be shared later".

The NIA has re-registered the case under various sections
of Explosives Substances Act and Unlawful Activities
(Prevention) Act.

The low-intensity blast had taken placed near the
footpath of the Delhi High Court boundary wall parking area at
Gate number seven and broken eight month lull after a similar
explosion near Jama Masjid ahead of the Commonwealth Games in
2010.

The triggering mechanism of May 25 blast remained a
mystery for the investigators as it could not be established
conclusively so far in the explosion that took place in a
service lane outside the court where lawyers` vehicles were
parked.

In the September seven blast, NIA had arrested three
people while the probe agency was on look out for three more
people who were holed up in higher reaches of Kishtawar in
Jammu region.

PTI



First Published: Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 18:03

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus