Inquiry instituted into attack on Mamata, Amit: Shinde
Kolkata: The Centre has instituted an inquiry into the attack on West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and state Finance Minister Amit Mitra by SFI members in Delhi, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said on Wednesday.
"I have instituted an inquiry into the incident and the special secretary of the Home Department is looking into it," he told reporters here.
Shinde, who attended the Eastern Zonal Council meeting, said the proceedings went very well.
The problems of four states -- West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand and Odisha -- were discussed in detail during the time.
Shinde said he was grateful to Banerjee for attending the meeting despite not being well.
"She has rightly put forth the problems which the state is facing," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145