Inquiry instituted into attack on Mamata, Amit: Shinde
Kolkata: The Centre has instituted an inquiry into the attack on West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and state Finance Minister Amit Mitra by SFI members in Delhi, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said on Wednesday.
"I have instituted an inquiry into the incident and the special secretary of the Home Department is looking into it," he told reporters here.
Shinde, who attended the Eastern Zonal Council meeting, said the proceedings went very well.
The problems of four states -- West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand and Odisha -- were discussed in detail during the time.
Shinde said he was grateful to Banerjee for attending the meeting despite not being well.
"She has rightly put forth the problems which the state is facing," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience