Jaipur gang-rape victim shifted to Delhi hospital
Jaipur: An 11-year old gang-rape victim was shifted to AIIMS in Delhi Friday from a government hospital in Jaipur where she underwent over a dozen surgeries in five months, police said.
As her condition was not improving, her family and social activists demanded that she be moved to a bigger and more specialised hospital.
The girl was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the J.K. Lone Hospital here five months ago.
"She has been shifted to All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Delhi for further treatment. She left for AIIMS in an ambulance around 9 a.m. A team of doctors accompanied her," a senior police officer said.
According to police, the girl was going home with her elder sister Aug 22 after watching a movie in Sikar town, some 150 km from here, when two men forced her into a car and sped away.
"The girl was found the next day at an isolated spot outside town. She was severely bleeding and was unconscious," a police officer told a news agency.
Police said the two main accused and four others have been arrested.
"The two main culprits - Ramesh and Suresh Kumar - are behind bars. Their four accomplices have been released on bail," the officer added.
A doctor involved in her treatment said she underwent about half-a-dozen major surgeries besides eight minor ones over the past five months.
"She has internal injuries," the doctor said.
The victim`s sister said: "We are six sisters. Our father died after a prolonged illness five months before the incident. He was the only bread earner of the family. Now, our mother and we sisters work as domestic helps in Sikar."
She said that though the state government provided financial help, they are finding it difficult to cope with the girl`s medical condition and other problems.
Rajasthan Governor Margaret Alva, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, former chief minister and BJP leader Vasundhara Raje and several other politicians visited the girl in the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand