Jaipur gang-rape victim shifted to Delhi hospital
Jaipur: An 11-year old gang-rape victim was shifted to AIIMS in Delhi Friday from a government hospital in Jaipur where she underwent over a dozen surgeries in five months, police said.
As her condition was not improving, her family and social activists demanded that she be moved to a bigger and more specialised hospital.
The girl was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the J.K. Lone Hospital here five months ago.
"She has been shifted to All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Delhi for further treatment. She left for AIIMS in an ambulance around 9 a.m. A team of doctors accompanied her," a senior police officer said.
According to police, the girl was going home with her elder sister Aug 22 after watching a movie in Sikar town, some 150 km from here, when two men forced her into a car and sped away.
"The girl was found the next day at an isolated spot outside town. She was severely bleeding and was unconscious," a police officer told a news agency.
Police said the two main accused and four others have been arrested.
"The two main culprits - Ramesh and Suresh Kumar - are behind bars. Their four accomplices have been released on bail," the officer added.
A doctor involved in her treatment said she underwent about half-a-dozen major surgeries besides eight minor ones over the past five months.
"She has internal injuries," the doctor said.
The victim`s sister said: "We are six sisters. Our father died after a prolonged illness five months before the incident. He was the only bread earner of the family. Now, our mother and we sisters work as domestic helps in Sikar."
She said that though the state government provided financial help, they are finding it difficult to cope with the girl`s medical condition and other problems.
Rajasthan Governor Margaret Alva, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, former chief minister and BJP leader Vasundhara Raje and several other politicians visited the girl in the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray