Jaipur gang-rape victim shifted to Delhi hospital
Jaipur: An 11-year old gang-rape victim was shifted to AIIMS in Delhi Friday from a government hospital in Jaipur where she underwent over a dozen surgeries in five months, police said.
As her condition was not improving, her family and social activists demanded that she be moved to a bigger and more specialised hospital.
The girl was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the J.K. Lone Hospital here five months ago.
"She has been shifted to All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Delhi for further treatment. She left for AIIMS in an ambulance around 9 a.m. A team of doctors accompanied her," a senior police officer said.
According to police, the girl was going home with her elder sister Aug 22 after watching a movie in Sikar town, some 150 km from here, when two men forced her into a car and sped away.
"The girl was found the next day at an isolated spot outside town. She was severely bleeding and was unconscious," a police officer told a news agency.
Police said the two main accused and four others have been arrested.
"The two main culprits - Ramesh and Suresh Kumar - are behind bars. Their four accomplices have been released on bail," the officer added.
A doctor involved in her treatment said she underwent about half-a-dozen major surgeries besides eight minor ones over the past five months.
"She has internal injuries," the doctor said.
The victim`s sister said: "We are six sisters. Our father died after a prolonged illness five months before the incident. He was the only bread earner of the family. Now, our mother and we sisters work as domestic helps in Sikar."
She said that though the state government provided financial help, they are finding it difficult to cope with the girl`s medical condition and other problems.
Rajasthan Governor Margaret Alva, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, former chief minister and BJP leader Vasundhara Raje and several other politicians visited the girl in the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!