Jan Lokpal Bill: Delhi HC to hear plea against LG Najeeb Jung on Tuesday
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Delhi High Court has agreed to hear a plea on Tuesday against Lt Governor Najeeb Jung`s power to prevent tabling of a bill in the Assembly.
As the drama continues over the pasage of the Jan Lokpal Bill, Jung on Friday wrote to Assembly Speaker MS Dhir stating that the bill cannot be tabled because it has not got the approval of the Centre.
According to sources, Jung`s letter to the Speaker was that he should not allow the bill to be tabled in Delhi Assembly today.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal last night threatened to resign if the Jan Lokpal Bill is not tabled today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- US Open: Ramkumar Ramanathan falls in first round of qualifiers
- Gems, jewellery exports up about 12% in Apr-Jul FY17
- India responds to Pakistan's offer for talks, says will discuss only cross-border terror
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: This man doesn't give a damn to traffic rules, threatens people on Noida roads; his car has VIP horn - WATCH
- Mercedes GLE 400 4MATIC petrol variant launched in India at Rs 74.9 lakh