Jan Lokpal Bill: Delhi HC to hear plea against LG Najeeb Jung on Tuesday
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Delhi High Court has agreed to hear a plea on Tuesday against Lt Governor Najeeb Jung`s power to prevent tabling of a bill in the Assembly.
As the drama continues over the pasage of the Jan Lokpal Bill, Jung on Friday wrote to Assembly Speaker MS Dhir stating that the bill cannot be tabled because it has not got the approval of the Centre.
According to sources, Jung`s letter to the Speaker was that he should not allow the bill to be tabled in Delhi Assembly today.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal last night threatened to resign if the Jan Lokpal Bill is not tabled today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Three Taliban commanders arrested in Afghanistan's Samangan province
- Kamal Haasan still under medical care in hospital
- Kashmir unrest: Policeman injured in Burhan Wani protest dies, death toll rises to 46
- PNB Housing Finance readies Rs 2,500-crore IPO, heads to tier 2, 3 cities
- Guess which state has max urban net subscribers; Maha, Delhi tied in 2nd spot