Jan Lokpal Bill: Delhi HC to hear plea against LG Najeeb Jung on Tuesday
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Delhi High Court has agreed to hear a plea on Tuesday against Lt Governor Najeeb Jung`s power to prevent tabling of a bill in the Assembly.
As the drama continues over the pasage of the Jan Lokpal Bill, Jung on Friday wrote to Assembly Speaker MS Dhir stating that the bill cannot be tabled because it has not got the approval of the Centre.
According to sources, Jung`s letter to the Speaker was that he should not allow the bill to be tabled in Delhi Assembly today.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal last night threatened to resign if the Jan Lokpal Bill is not tabled today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption