Jan Lokpal Bill: Delhi HC to hear plea against LG Najeeb Jung on Tuesday
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Delhi High Court has agreed to hear a plea on Tuesday against Lt Governor Najeeb Jung`s power to prevent tabling of a bill in the Assembly.
As the drama continues over the pasage of the Jan Lokpal Bill, Jung on Friday wrote to Assembly Speaker MS Dhir stating that the bill cannot be tabled because it has not got the approval of the Centre.
According to sources, Jung`s letter to the Speaker was that he should not allow the bill to be tabled in Delhi Assembly today.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal last night threatened to resign if the Jan Lokpal Bill is not tabled today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS