Job, Rs 10L gratia to deceased cop’s family
New Delhi: Delhi Commissioner of Police (DCP), Neeraj Kumar on Tuesday announced compensation for Subhash Toamr, a Delhi Police constable who succumbed to his injuries.
Subhash was injured during violence at India gate where the people were protesting against the recent Delhi bus gang-rape. He suffered severe injuries on his neck, chest and stomach and the post mortem report will be out in a couple of days.
Subhash is survived by wife, Amresh Devi, two sons and a daughter.
Besides offering an ex-gratia of Rs10 lakh, DCP announced a job to one of the constable’s children on compassionate grounds.
As a mark of respect, the entire team of Delhi Police will contribute their one day salary to the family.
The commissioner also said that the account number of the deceased constable’s wife will be soon made public via media so that anyone willing to contribute can donate money to the family of Subhash Tomar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters