Job, Rs 10L gratia to deceased cop’s family
New Delhi: Delhi Commissioner of Police (DCP), Neeraj Kumar on Tuesday announced compensation for Subhash Toamr, a Delhi Police constable who succumbed to his injuries.
Subhash was injured during violence at India gate where the people were protesting against the recent Delhi bus gang-rape. He suffered severe injuries on his neck, chest and stomach and the post mortem report will be out in a couple of days.
Subhash is survived by wife, Amresh Devi, two sons and a daughter.
Besides offering an ex-gratia of Rs10 lakh, DCP announced a job to one of the constable’s children on compassionate grounds.
As a mark of respect, the entire team of Delhi Police will contribute their one day salary to the family.
The commissioner also said that the account number of the deceased constable’s wife will be soon made public via media so that anyone willing to contribute can donate money to the family of Subhash Tomar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands