Job, Rs 10L gratia to deceased cop’s family
New Delhi: Delhi Commissioner of Police (DCP), Neeraj Kumar on Tuesday announced compensation for Subhash Toamr, a Delhi Police constable who succumbed to his injuries.
Subhash was injured during violence at India gate where the people were protesting against the recent Delhi bus gang-rape. He suffered severe injuries on his neck, chest and stomach and the post mortem report will be out in a couple of days.
Subhash is survived by wife, Amresh Devi, two sons and a daughter.
Besides offering an ex-gratia of Rs10 lakh, DCP announced a job to one of the constable’s children on compassionate grounds.
As a mark of respect, the entire team of Delhi Police will contribute their one day salary to the family.
The commissioner also said that the account number of the deceased constable’s wife will be soon made public via media so that anyone willing to contribute can donate money to the family of Subhash Tomar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA