Lawyers observe strike in Delhi HC
New Delhi: Lawyers Monday abstained from appearing in the Delhi High Court protesting against a recent decision to hike the pecuniary jurisdiction of the high court from Rs 1 crore to Rs 2 crore.
Most of the courtrooms wore a deserted look as no lawyer was there to argue the cases.
The office bearers of the Delhi High Court Bar Association (DHCBA) manned the entry points of the court premises and asked their colleagues not to appear before the judges.
Hassled litigants appeared before the courts and were seen taking adjournments in their respective matters.
DHCBA is protesting the recent decision of Chief Justice D Murugesan to enhance the pecuniary jurisdiction limits of the law suits to be heard by the high court from Rs 1 crore to Rs 2 crore.
The lawyers` body apprehends that this decision will take away work from the high court as several matters will be transferred to the lower courts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH