Lawyers observe strike in Delhi HC
New Delhi: Lawyers Monday abstained from appearing in the Delhi High Court protesting against a recent decision to hike the pecuniary jurisdiction of the high court from Rs 1 crore to Rs 2 crore.
Most of the courtrooms wore a deserted look as no lawyer was there to argue the cases.
The office bearers of the Delhi High Court Bar Association (DHCBA) manned the entry points of the court premises and asked their colleagues not to appear before the judges.
Hassled litigants appeared before the courts and were seen taking adjournments in their respective matters.
DHCBA is protesting the recent decision of Chief Justice D Murugesan to enhance the pecuniary jurisdiction limits of the law suits to be heard by the high court from Rs 1 crore to Rs 2 crore.
The lawyers` body apprehends that this decision will take away work from the high court as several matters will be transferred to the lower courts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan